APL was a major breakthrough in computing. As mentioned earlier it provided
a better link between people and computers than was available at the time.
It allowed people to think arrays with computers as mathematicians do. It
also formalized the concept of modifiers, a concept in mathematics not
exploited then or even now by most programming languages.

But this thread is moving to the questions of GUI. In other words, it is
more important to provide a glossy presentation of results than the
reliability of the results. Now it is to the point on PCs that over 99.9%
of processing time is accepting input and displaying results than on the
problem. Present the results in a way that it is unnecessary for people to
understand the problem being solved.