> > The idea that one cannot beat the market can be traced back, at least
(and
> > probably even earlier), to Louis Bachelier who in his Théorie de la
> > Spéculation dissertation (1900) wrote "the mathematical expectation of
the
>  > speculator is zero" (in French, of course).
>
> An attractive notion, but one that is sadly underspecified (especially in
> the context of "trade war" where deterioration of skills over generations
> and other "non-market issues" have formative impacts on "the market").

Irrelevant comment.

> Earlier in this thread, I offered the entire trading record of a former
> first lady in her younger years consisting in achieving a return of 9900%
> return in 10 months.  Another one is Goldman Sachs producing a profit
every
> single day of the 63 trading days of Q1 of 2010.
>
> Which, indeed, could each be taken as a concrete example that EMH does
not hold.

I do not recall asserting that any particular form of the EMH holds.  Do
you?

What I do remember is,

> Meanwhile, you have watered-down,
>
> > Sure, but https://arxiv.org/pdf/1002.2284.pdf shows that even the weak
> > EMH is mathematically implausible.

> > That's a mix of the argument made in that paper with my observations
> > on how things typically work.
>
> Still, can you specify which is the particular "argument made in that
paper" and in which section of the paper is made?

Are you still trying to figure out in which section is "the argument made
in that paper"?  Come on, it is not that hard.  Is it?