I wrote,

> > I am sorry but circuit breakers are designed to "protect" (we are here
from
> > the regulatory agency and we are here to help) market participants from
> > themselves by preventing them from trading during certain wild markets
> > gyrations (e.g., "if the price of that covered security decreases by
10%");
> > there is nothing there to interfere or regulate OCO orders during
typical
> > market sessions.

Raul replied,

> And?

Is it not obvious to you?

Raul continued,

> You are claiming that sessions which contain such an order would be
> typical market sessions??

Judging from your question above I guess it is not.  Remember, you
initially claimed,

> > The reason you won't see orders like that in the historic record is
> >that regulations on the market have not allowed orders of that sort.

and I asked,

> Can you name a single regulator, the specific regulation, and the
jurisdiction where the regulation prohibiting "OCO" applies?

Blaming circuit breakers, which are seldom triggered, for not allowing the
implementation and execution of OCO orders by brokers (and consequently *
supposedly* not allowing the resolution of whether or not P = NP) makes as
much sense as blaming Christians, Buddhists, etc. and the suspension of
trading activities during their holidays for not allowing OCO orders to be
implemented and executed by brokers.

Not even the author of the paper goes that far; he only says "the
implications of this section on programming the market will be testable
when the market evolves and allows more sophisticated order handling
abilities."

Recall, according to the paper, one only needs to place simultaneously two
OCO-3 orders (apart from other assumptions not necessarily related to OCO
orders) to program a market and test its 3-SAT problem-solving abilities.
The evidence supporting your initial claim would show that there are
existing regulations prohibiting the implementation by brokers of two
simultaneous OCO-3 orders and cover all the markets at all times which
would prevent one to program even a single market and run the program even
only once to *supposedly* resolve the mathematical conjecture once and for
all.

So far, you have not shown yet even one single regulation affecting a
single market where such OCO-3 orders are not allowed at any time because
your two attempts have been dolefully deficient (not to mention showing all
the regulations covering all the markets at all times).  However, let us
pretend that you already accomplished your mission impossible and I am
completely mistaken.  In that case, an intricate conspiracy of red tape,
religious customs, tributes to national heroes, etc. are preventing the
resolution of one of the most important mathematical conjectures...  Really?

These "discussions" are getting weirder and weirder.

Lo and behold, according to Donna, OCO orders are now a reality!  Maybe you
can go ahead and program the market using *WebBroker*? P.S.  Do not forget
to let us know what happens.