> Maymin failed in his effort to place a specific NP-complete problem 3SAT
in P by not constructing polynomial-time algorithm. What does that prove?

I am afraid, not much regarding  P =? NP, since as you noted earlier,
his "Programming
the Market" scheme is a Market Machine in the sense of a second-rate Oracle
Machine where instead of a Turing Machine connected to a Turing Oracle one
has presumably a computer connected to a Market via a suitable broker
platform.

For instance, assuming just for the sake of the argument, that an actual
Market Machine (according to his scheme) were able to solve any 3-SAT
problems still would not necessarily imply P = NP because it is far from
clear that the behavior of such a market would even be Turing computable.
Of course, in la-la land, we could just assume that the behavior of such
market is Turing computable in P and be done with that.  ;)

(Yes Donna, I know, yours was a rhetorical question.)