> A mathematician walked into a bar.

I can't leave this unchallenged. :-)

A physicist, a biologist, and a mathematician sat on a bench opposite an
empty derelict house.  They saw a person go into the house.  A while later
two people came out.

Physicist:     Ah, observational error.
Biologist:     No, it is an unusual case of mitosis.
Mathematician: If another person now enters the house, it would be empty.

[I told this to an accountant friend and she said, I don't get it.  It was
embarrassing.]

Afterwards, the physicist, the biologist, and the mathematician walked into
a bar.  The bartender took one look at them and said, "What is this, some
sort of joke?"

After that, the physicist, the biologist, the mathematician, and a poet
friend they met on the way walked into another bar.  As they were walking
in, the poet face-palmed and said, "Wait!  I am in the wrong joke!"