There is a later writeup at
https://code.jsoftware.com/wiki/Guides/J8_Standalone
, which is mainly intended for Jqt applications.

In general, a distributed application needs at least the J binaries (
jconsole + jlib, e.g. on Windows jconsole.exe and j.dll) plus a script. If
your app has several source scripts, then catenate them together to create
a single script for distribution. You can decide whether just to distribute
this minimum, or distribute a base installation with your script, see
https://www.jsoftware.com/download/j901/install .

There are no automated tools that would look at your application and decide
what needs to be distributed, but it should be straightforward to find this
out.