Hi - no, I have an emacs macro that runs a .bat file that starts jconsole
as a process under a running emacs.

So my macro - for J 9.01, based on my previous ones - looks like this:

(defun start-J9-session ()
    "Open J 9.01 jconsole session."
    (interactive)
    (setq save-old explicit-shell-file-name)
    (setq shell-file-name "J901_64")
    (setq explicit-shell-file-name (concat base-disk "/utl/J64-901.bat"))
    (shell)
    (insert "qts''\n")
    (insert "JVERSION\n")
    (comint-send-input)
    (setq explicit-shell-file-name save-old)
)

The "insert" statements followed by "(comint-send-input)" are inserted into
the J session after it starts and run so I have some relevant information
at the start of each session. The batch file " J64-901.bat" looks like this:

Rem J64-901.bat: start 64-bit jconsole v9.01 of J (under emacs).
%BASEDSK%
cd "%BASEDSK%\Users\devon_mccormick\J901_64\bin"
Rem "-interactive" signals not a batch run
../jconsole.cmd %BASEDSK%\amisc\JSys\J8\DHMConfig.ijs -interactive -js
"1!:44 '\amisc\work\neuralNets\'"

So, pretty standard.

Devon McCormick, CFA

Quantitative Consultant