Hi all,

After my flight of paranoia, I've put my whole Freenet data store on an encrypted PGP disk.
This means that if my PC is powered down (eg in the course of being confiscated), there'll be no way of accessing the Freenet datastore without a valid passphrase - not even with valid Freenet keys.

I'd advise all freenet node operators to take similar security precautions.

Windows users might be interested in using PGP disk, which makes it stupidly easy to create an encrypted virtual drive as a file on disk.
I was fortunate to locate a copy of the 'FULL' export-restricted PGP software on Freenet, via the key freenet:KSK@software/windows/pgp-full.zip (or http://127.0.0.1:8081/KSK@software/windows/pgp-full.zip)

David