At 05:18 PM 5/03/01 +1200, you wrote:
>Windows users might be interested in using PGP disk, which makes it
>stupidly easy to create an encrypted virtual drive as a file on disk.
>I was fortunate to locate a copy of the 'FULL' export-restricted PGP
>software on Freenet, via the key
><mailto:freenet:KSK@software/windows/pgp-full.zip>freenet:KSK@software/windows/pgp-full.zip
>
>(or
><http://127.0.0.1:8081/KSK@software/windows/pgp-full.zip>http://127.0.0.1:8081/KSK@software/windows/pgp-full.zip)

So, in the event that you get raided, you're placing your life in the hands
of a piece of closed-source software you got from an insecure KSK? :)

Actually, in the case of a program like PGP written (in part) for
paranoids, I wouldn't be surprised if an MD5 sum were available somewhere
to make sure you've got the real deal. Also, are they still releasing the
source code for PGP for purposes of analysis? I seem to recall that
Zimmerman recently left the company over the fact that they'd stopped
releasing some of it.

--
"Let there be light." - Last words of Bomb #20, "Dark Star"