On Mon, 7 May 2001, Travis Bemann wrote:

> > To argue in favor of what you feel is right is good. But to enforce what
> > you feel is right upon others through violence is not.
>
> And WHERE did I say that I'd use violence to force no currency on
> everyone else?

Um, "what we need to do is to destroy the entire capitalist system," and
so on.

> > How can you maintain equality? The question remains.
>
> By eliminating (no, I am not implying violence, except defensive and
> counteroffensive violence (only to the fight the forces of reaction if
> they use force)) all hierarchy and exploitation.  Hierarchy and

So you disapprove of protesters who break the windows of stores owned by
big international corporations?

> exploitation result in some people having more overall power (beyond
> sheer physical and mental capabilities) over other people, and help
> concentrate wealth in the hands of a few either directly
> (exploitation) or indirectly (hierarchy).

This doesn't address my question. Without a system of currency, how can I,
a carpenter, know if my doing free work for customer X would give him more
than his fair share?

--
"...it must be held that third-party electronic monitoring, subject
only to the self-restraint of law enforcement officials, has no place