From:   Ian Clarke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Sunday, May 13, 2001 3:01 PM
To:     Josh
Cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: I've designed a global file system, it will obsolete NFS,
Gnutella, etc. I want to be assimilated by freenet!

 << File: ATT00013.dat >> Josh,

I have already sent you two emails - haven't you received them?

> I'm in a bit of a catch-22, in that I don't want to give the design out,
> unless I feel you're open to merging forces.

I therefore suggest you study the Freenet documentation so that you can
determine specifically where there is overlap.

> I believe we have the same goals, but different methods of getting there.
> Before I disclose the design, I simply need to know if you're open to
> developing a new network file system standard, the byproducts of which
will
> be the accomplishment of the same goals as freenet, but a whole lot more.

Of course I am happy to improve Freenet, but until I see details of your
design I have no idea whether there is an opportunity.  You should know
that Freenet is the result of years of effort, and so while we are open
to new ideas, we are also very sceptical until we can see details.

Additionally, you should know that if your work is to be assimilated
into Freenet, you will not be able to enforce your patents.  As I am
sure you are aware, the Open Source community is not a big fan of
software patents.

Ian.