On Sat, 26 May 2001 14:05:40 -0400 (EDT) Aaron Guy Davies
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> You obviously still don't understand PGP. Please go read the manual.

I understand PGP pretty well, it is the GnuPG program I don't understand.
 The files I was talking about were generated by PGP, not made up by my
imagination.  Also, I figured out that .sig files are detached signatures
and require the file to which they were signed in order for them to
decrypt properly or whatever.  So if you don't have krepat.txt which
contains only the text "hello" then you would get some kind of error.
The .asc file though is the text file AND signature, which is really what
I wanted in the first place. :)

Anyway, maybe I'm just getting tired or something, I just don't want to
generate a new keypair with GnuPG when I already have a keypair that was
generated by PGP.

I can work with GnuPG, I guess, but it will be difficult for a little
while longer.