This message is NOT meant as a flame to anyone, especialy not David, whom
I respect and like as a person, but I am concerned about methods of
"therapy" that either border very closely on abuse, or cross the line
into murder.

I just saw a 20/20 episode last night about rebirthing and it talked
about how a little girl died in a terrible accedint during the rebirthing
therapy.  I must also mention that the episode also talked about another
little girl for whom the therapy worked quite well.  I'm not totaly
biased against rebirthing, I'm just concerned about this one girl's
death.

She kept saying she couldn't breath, and the adult practitioner said she
Knew she could breath and didn't believe the girl.  Well she may have
been able to suck air into her lungs in order to then force air past her
vocal cords, but that doesn't mean she is breathing OXYGEN!!!!  So,
basicaly, this lady is out on bond and this other practitioner that was
also there helping are going to be tried for the abuse of a child
resulting in death.

I specificaly didn't like the part of the therapy where the practitioner
yells in the kid's face over and over again.  That is going WAY too far.
The actual simulation of the womb and birthing process doesn't seem all
that bad to me, and in fact I can see where the psychological benefit
would be, if that person experienced some kind of trauma in thier first
moments of life outside of the womb and somehow kept that memory in the
subconcios or something.

The practitioners SHOULD be monitoring the person inside the simulated
womb of blankets and pilows for signs of physiological distress, AND
there should at least be an oxygen tube in there.  That would at least
simulate the umbilical cord in some way, and the ability of the mother to
know when there is something wrong with the baby she is carying.  I mean,
if you are going to simulate the womb and birthing process, why not take
it that much further?

I realize that the REAL birthing process is an extremely traumatic event
for both mother and child, but it usualy doesn't result in any permanent
injury, either physical or psychological, and usualy doesn't result in
death.

I would like it if the human race didn't give live birth to such LARGE
offspring.  I would like it if human mothers instead developed an
external pouch into which a tiny featus can grow and mature until it is
time to leave, then simply slip out of an already very large hole. :)  No
pain for the mother, no pain for the child, no stress, just a nice good
time. :)  That would make us marsupeals or something right?  Like a
Kangaroo or something. :)

Or even better, MALES should cary and give birth to children after
getting egs from females. :)  Like Sea-horses. :)

I'm not sure what kind of benefit it would have for a child who can't
trust thier adoptive parents or foster parents.  I mean, if you have been
bounced around from home to home for many years in the foster system, and
your real parents abused you or something, then I don't think ANY kind of
therapy will ever work very well.  All you can do is try to provide a
stable and loving environment, where the rules are always clearly stated
and never change, and where there is plenty of praise for a job well
done, and punishment is only doled out when it is necessary.

The yelling in one's face is exactly what they do in boot camp.  I am
against forceing ANYONE to have to endure that kind of crap.  But I do
think that sometimes the only way to get someone to behave is to punish
them when they misbehave.  This however does not necessarily mean abusing
them emotionaly or physicaly.  Even if the intention of yelling at
someone is to get them to yell back and release their anger, it is still
extremely abusive and traumatic.  That kind of trauma can do more harm
than good.  Believe me, I know!!!!

I've had more than enough of my fill of emotional and physical abuse and
I refuse to simply accept any more of that crap.  If anyone tries to
force such crap onto me ever again, I WILL fight back.