Not knowing what is on your node is not a defense.  It doesn't matter that you don't know for sure or that you can't know.  Only that you should know.  And since you chose to run freenet why is so outrages to expect that you should know what it's doing?

Yes the government is responable to the people, but the last time I checked people were generaly aginst aiding and abeting child pornography distribution.  I would suspect they would be quite willing to convict anyone they saw as helping to spread it.