Really? Then I guess your ISP must be based in or close to Riverview, Florida, which is where your email headers indicate that your email originated (and that is using the first IP address locator Google gave me, I am sure others are much more accurate).

For your information, most ISPs include the originating IP address in the email headers, this, to people with the appropriate resources (which is more people than you probably think), is as good as giving your name, date of birth, address, and social security number.

Ian.

On 8 Aug 2004, at 00:54, Matthew Findley wrote:

Email headers will only help you track someone down if they're running their own mail server.
Unless our friend Mr. Pineapple is the yahoo system admin.

Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 22:02:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: pineapple <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [freenet-chat] Re: anonymity(NOT)
To: Matthew Findley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

And even if you were able to get my ip address (which you can just as easly get from freenet) you would only be able to narrow it down.  Only your ISP would know who your actualy are.
More importantly this still asumess I'm useing my home computer.  If one was really worried about being anonymous there are any number of free to use computers with internet connections at librarys and collages across the country.
You could also use a wireless laptop and just go to various open hotspots.