On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 06:17:55PM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> A Nony Mouse ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>
> > The bedraggled man in the rear corner of the room stood, cleared his throat
> > and asked, "Will 0.7 still support us depraved windows users who, for
> > whatever reason, cannot move to *nix?"

Of course it will.

> It remains to be seen whether 0.7 will even support the Unix users,
> apart from the most common setups.  I don't doubt Matthew's abilities

Thank you.

> or dedication,

Thank you.

> but I often doubt Ian's vision, with his tendency to say
> things like, "If it works for Windows users, through a $50 black-box
> NAT router, that's 90% of the market, and that's good enough for now."
>
> But this is all speculation.  We'll know the answers when it's done.

If it runs on the Free java's it will run on almost any unix. Kaffe and
GCJ support a _LOT_ of platforms.

Now, I'm not saying that running on the free java's is a critical design
goal - but it is likely to be much easier to run it on the free java's
due to not using NIO.
--
Matthew J Toseland - [EMAIL PROTECTED]