Matthew Toseland wrote:
You are saying that there is no professional child porn market? So all
the stuff I get in my inbox advertising russian juveniles involved in
depraved acts is bogus? I find that difficult to believe.

Yes, I would say so. If you haven't ordered any, how do you know? They are most likely police stings. The police have the largest collection of child porn, which they use for that purpose (supposedly).

People get off on all sorts of things. I suggest that most of the above
is in fact illegal, if it involves children. The US courts have held
that there need not be nudity for an image of a child to be
pornographic. And many depraved activities which some freenet sites
appear by their titles to depict are surely pornographic that do not
involve the above.

Because they are LEGAL. You can have murder but not touchy-feely? I find that bizarre!

All I am saying is:

1. If they get it from Freenet, they probably aren't paying for it. This
is by no means an iron-clad guarantee that it won't eventually result in
revenues for professional child pornographers.

Where are the professional child pornographers? The clap-trap and hoo-ha about child porn is vastly overstated and disproportionate to the actual harm it causes and the amount of it that exists.