<bug1 at optushome.com.au>> writes:
> > On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:54:49 -0800
> > "Josh" <josh at mercuryfs.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Is spam free speech?
> > >

> > I think everybody wants to answer NO, but i think it is free
> > speech.
> >
> > Just because people dont like the message or the person who sent it
> > doesnt mean the message should be illegal.
>
> Well I personaly think it that unsolicited junk email should be
stoped.

I dont see unsolicited email (junk or not) as any different than a
person putting flyers in my (snail) mailbox.

I also wouldnt think spam would be a good form of advertising for a
legitamite product, it would be more likely to make consumers boycott a
product rather than support it. For someone to sell something via spam,
they need to have some way for consumers to be able to find there
product. Why not fight fire with fire and spam (or dos) them back, we
have numbers on our side, they wouldnt stand a chance.

> I had no choice really.  I was getting like 200 messages a day, all
porno> spam crap!!

Maybe ive been lucky, i only get about a dozen a week.

Glenn