I got this and I think some of these articles would be interesting, but,
I cannot read them because I have no internet.  So, I hope you guys
enjoy. :)

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: J.D. Tuccille - About Guide to Civil Liberties
<civilliberty.guide at about.com>
To: krepta at JUNO.COM
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 21:01:17 -0500
Subject: LIBERTY WEEKLY -- Let Vanessa Legget Go! -- From About

About Civil Liberties
   From J.D. Tuccille, your Guide to Civil Liberties
  http://civilliberty.about.com
  January 03, 2002
  Vol. 4, No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE
NEWSLETTER SPOTLIGHT
       Let Vanessa Legget Go!

FEATURED ITEMS
       Daily News Updates
       Discuss: Jailed journalist
       Discuss: Church and state
       Articles archive

ELSEWHERE ON THE NET
       Turkish Women's Equal Rights Effective
       Tough Times for Liberty

ADDITIONAL NOTES

SPONSORED LINK

Pass any Drug or Hair Test Guaranteed !!
Clear Choice of NY has products to help you Pass any Drug or hair test
Guaranteed !!! or double your money back. We also sell Drug Tests for
$5.95 call
http://www.clearchoiceofny.com/   (Cost to Advertiser: $0.21)

NEWSLETTER SPOTLIGHT

Let Vanessa Legget Go!
If the sight of journalists behind bars is the badge of an authoritarian
state, why is an American writer appealing to the U.S. Supreme Court to
free her from the jail where she's been imprisoned since July 20, 2001?
http://civilliberty.about.com/library/weekly/aa082701a.htm

GUIDE PICKS

   BUYER'S GUIDE

 Before You Buy
 Top Picks

 ? Top 5 Books on Free Speech
 ? Top 5 Books on Gun Rights
 Product Reviews

SPECIAL OFFER

FEATURED ITEMS

Daily News Updates
* Jailed writer takes case to Supreme Court
* Military tribunal proposal loses some rough edges
* Model state bioterror law stirs controversy
http://civilliberty.about.com/library/blnews.htm

Discuss: Jailed journalist
Should reporters face jail for refusing to act as surrogate cops?
http://forums.about.com/ab-civilliberty/messages?lgnF=y&msg=3580.1

Discuss: Church and state
"It seems to me that the first person in Western Culture to separate
church and state would be Jesus of Nazareth, 'Render unto Caesar the
things that are Caesar's and render unto God the things that are God's'"
http://forums.about.com/ab-religiouslib/messages?lgnF=y&msg=97.248

Articles archive
Golden oldies -- or getting moldy. They're all here for you to peruse.
http://civilliberty.about.com/library/weekly/mpreviss.htm

ELSEWHERE ON THE NET

Turkish Women's Equal Rights Effective
On January 1st, 2001, after 76 years, the new Turkish civil code gives
women more equality in their marriage, family leadership and when looking
to obtain a job. From Nikki Katz, your Guide to Women's Issues.
http://womensissues.about.com/library/weekly/aa010202a.htm

Tough Times for Liberty
In assessing 2001, there's no escaping the terrible implications of
September 11 for both life and liberty. But in even the hardest of times,
freedom has a way of winning victories big and small.
http://civilliberty.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fww
w.free-market.net%2Fspotlight%2F2001%2F

ADDITIONAL NOTES

I hope your holidays treated you well! I managed to work in a Christmas
dinner cooked for nine, plenty of shopping and eating, and backpacking
along the Mogollon Rim, so I'm feeling contented myself. As always, let
me know if the Civil Liberties site and newsletter are meeting your
needs.

SPONSORED LINK

Objective Happiness
Freedom Philosophy, Liberty Links, Over 360 Shopping Sites,
Relationships, Health, Finance, Arts, Business Marketing & Promotion.
http://www.objectivehappiness.com/   (Cost to Advertiser: $0.04)

SUBSCRIPTIONS
You are currently subscribed as: krepta at JUNO.COM

To remove your email address from this newsletter please visit:
http://about.com/nl/ug.htm?nl=civilliberty&e=krepta at JUNO.COM
To sign up for newsletters like this one, go here:
http://home.about.com/newsletters1.htm

If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to email me.
Visit the following page for contact information:
http://civilliberty.about.com/mpremail.htm

J.D. Tuccille
civilliberty.guide at about.com
For Past issues of the newsletter visit The Newsletter Archive
To Advertise in this newsletter visit Be an Advertiser
About
1440 Broadway 19th Floor NY, NY 10018
The Human Internet
http://About.com