Alvaro Lopez Ortega wrote:
  I guess I tested it before.. I would bet Apache was working in that
  way and that was the reason to remove the slash.

ok, I'll try it out with apache to see what it does.

 > Another problem I found is that if the CGI returns a 404 error as
 > well as its own 404 display, I get the server's 404.  Maybe this is
 > a patchy specific but I was under the impression that the CGI
 > program had the option of returning its own data in the case of
 > errors detected.

  0.4.29 already supports that behavior:

  http://alobbs.com/pipermail/cherokee/2005-November/001071.html

I remember that and assuming I did the test script right:

#!/bin/bash

echo "Status: 404"
echo "Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8"
echo
echo
echo '<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>'
echo '<html>'
echo '<head>'
echo '<title>'
echo '404 - page does not exist: thriip'
echo '</title>'
echo '</head>'
echo '<body>'
echo '<bold>I said, page does not exist!</bold>'
echo '<p></body>'
echo '</html>'

shows how it fails with this config (in default):

Directory / {
        #Handler file
        Handler cgi {
        #scriptalias /home/esj/akasha/ak404.py
        scriptalias /home/esj/akasha/x.sh
        }
}

 > I've also noticed a similar problem with 500 errors.  Nothing from
 > standard error is placed into the log.  I'm currently debugging a
 > submit button problem.  I get a 500 error message and nothing else
 > so I am debugging relatively blind.  after spending a bit time
 > looking over the CGI handler, I'm relatively certain that the way
 > you handle the 404 and 500 error codes are part of the problem.
 >
 > not sure exactly how to fix it yet but that's where it lies.

  The CHEROKEE_TRACE facility from HEAD might help. Anyway, if you
  provide me more information about what the problem, I will try to
  trace it back. :)

n.p.  is CHEROKEE_TRACE a compile option?