I was being less than clue full. Content-type is returned as part of the string from CGI output. So, I'm able to look at the extension, generate my mime type and return the file properly. Now I get the semantics I want without harassing you any further.

woohoo.

on the other hand, I would be glad to throw away the code if I could just tell you what I want you to return as a file as a special content type. I'm positive Cherokee would handle it much faster and better than akasha. maybe I'll make the changes myself but that's not a project for this week.

---eric