Also, for the same car I have a pair of leather buckets out of a 2000
impala along with the shoulder belts. I can`t get the belt to release on the
tensioner. Is it possible that the inertia device locks permanently once the
car is in a wreck? Any help appreciated. thanx bob Myers NC

Bob,

  Had a similar problem when I removed the shoulder belt from my work truck.  Could not get the belt to release on the tensioner.  Then I realized that I needed to turn the tensioner upside down,  to duplicate the position it was mounted in the truck.  Then it worked !!  Just an idea.

Kent
'68 Malibu ZZ502/502 :)