> << Engine number: (i found two lines of characters, i don't know
> which one is
>
> that)
>
>    V1218CKS
>
>    16N561479
>

> Block Casting number:
>
>    3970010 >>
>
> Here's what I come up with...
>
> The 3970010 is a small block and was used from 1969-1975.  In '69
> it was only
> available as a 4 bolt.

This is incorrect.  The 3970010 block is very common, used in both cars and
trucks and came in both 2 and 4 bolt configurations. (I have one of each).
I also believe it was used later than '75, maybe up through 1980.  As
another poster pointed out, it could've been used (I *think*) for a '69 302
or 327, since they also utilized a 4-inch bore, like the 350.

I just re-read what I quoted above, and it may be correct that '69 3970010
blocks were all 4-bolts, but in later years, they came in 2-bolt versions as
well.

-Dave,  [EMAIL PROTECTED]