Hey List,
     Please help me.....ask any questions you want and
I will answer them so that I can get this problem
solved......I know someone (a Chevy LOVER) can help a
new Chevelle owner like me.

     I just put a Delco Remy alternator listed  for a
72 chevelle (internal regulator) in my 69 chevelle.
Does the year really matter?  How will a difference in
amps output make?  The problem is that while turned of
the voltage meter reads 12 volts.....when the car is
running the meter reads 18 volts.....way tooooooo
high.  I have three wires leading up to the
alternator.....a red one which goes from the
alternator to the relay and back to the battery.....a
blue one which is the dash warning light (I
think...99% sure of that)...and a white one which was
not connected to anything (it was covered up by
electrical tape) when I bought the card almost 2 years
ago.  I only found it after the alternator that was in
the car went died.  What do you think is the problem?
Can anyone help me with the connections (i.e.  which
wire connects to what)?  HELP PLEASE!!!!  I am going
crazy here!

Thanks in advance,
T in SC