Second things first,  generally I've found my el camino is considered a
truck.   So he may have to check in the truck section.

First thing - That stinks.   Hope that you weren't hurt.    Do NOT let
them low-ball you on the settlement.   If you have the appraisal great. I
hope also that you have saved your receipts for any parts/work/etc.
There was a thread at Chevelle Tech (about sept - oct) that concerned a
similar situation.    Do a search in the Bench Racing forum.  As I recall
there was a lot of good information contained in some of the replies.
  I don't think that the NADA guides are any use at all for
restored/restified vehicles.    Check the many online classic car sites
for pricing, eBay too.  Print out anything you find that will support
your valuation.   Good Luck

rick schaefer
http://members.home.net/jimmy4/rick1972elky.html
http://chevelles.com/showroom/ricks%20motor%20-L