I don't know how it is with radials, but back in the bias ply tire days when I was doing alignments, once a car was out of alignment and tire wear started, aligning it did not resolve the tire wear.  Check for any additional abnormal wear on the tires - it could be making them go out of round.

Dale
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 6:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Tire Balancing

I just had my alignment done and tires balanced this weekend. The tires were pretty bad and needed about an ounce each. I drove about 400 vibration free miles on them and they need to be balanced again! The weights haven’t fallen off, the wheels and tires I bought in September only have a couple thousand miles, and the shocks, springs, and ball joints are all brand new. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?
Thanks.
George