Josh,

I may do the same for my metal magician!  I picked up the project from Redi-Strip yesterday and U-Hauled the carcass back to Johnstown.  If you have never seen a car after Redi-Strip is done, you need to do so some time.  Wow.

The car is completely devoid of any rust, bondo, paint, sealer, wax, goo or french fries.  You have fresh tin to play with.  Even the lead seams used by the factory disappear.  When I dropped off the car last night, my metal guy was truely impressed.  The amount of expensive labor that Redi-Strip will save him (and eventually me) is huge.  Plus there won't be any hidden surprises.  All the sheet metal is there without makeup.

I did find a few areas that will need repaired that I thought were solid, but since this one is my AACA Hershey project car, I won't skimp.  I was also surprised at the quality of some of the previous repairs as there was a significant dent in the trunk lid that I had no idea was there, of course now the dent and puller holes are glaring me in the face.

Cost?  $1000 for the body and roughly $100 each for the doors, hood and trunk.  I didn't do the fenders since one is shot and the other is in really good shape as is.

Tony