From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Al McKenzie
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 2:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] Ground Up Resto: - Rip off? !

To clarify John, Ground up supports this list through their sponsorship of Team Chevelle. We sometimes send out 5000+ emails a day, emails = bandwidth and server use. Have a look, this costs bucks. They chose to support the site through my efforts and haven't pushed any ideas or demands (seen any banners on this list?).

The promo links on all emails some send (your's included), have been allowed; many mailing lists will boot people off for doing that, but this list has traditionally been very open and so it's been ok, actually quite a bonus for yourself and the list members as they get a chance to know you. There are no intentions to change this.

Our costs just tripled in the last month and a lot of this stuff is on borrowed time. Some make money by this list or the free ads on chevelles.com. You are offering something back by your participation, which has been great, but from my perspective, the comment you made about a 'buying from a non list member' (which you missed in your reply) had to be answered. Yes, I kinda took in tongue in cheek as intended, but if you were providing support for us and someone made that comment, a response would have to be made.

You just got it.

Al