>I'm not sure what the value of your el Camino is.

I know, I was asking if they were to assign a value of $2500 to total the
car....about how much would it take to get the title back...example:

$2500 is the amount she would get if they total the car (just an example).
Then if we buy the car back from the insurance company they only give us
$____ . Would the title cost be $500 or $750 or $1000 etc. I was just
asking what the ballpark figure might be. I found the value to be
$3300-4500, but I expect their tables to be cheaper and I thought $2500 was
where they might try and settle.

>I guess what I should have said is that you will probably have to settle for
>whatever book value is. That's what I had to do. The estimates to repair the
>damage to my motorcycle exceeded the value of the bike. I settled for book
>value and repaired the damage myself. Since the lions share of the cost in
>the estimates I got was labor, what I was able to save in labor costs left me
>with a surplus.

We aren't going to do this, there's no way I would try to repair this car
after getting the estimates. It isn't an SS or even a special car. She's
set on getting another Elky SS like mine. I was asking the question to get
an idea of what we'd have to raise to get he other car. I am very good at
researching the "book" value of cars on the web, but as we all know, it
doesn't always mean the car is worth that in the real world.

Kelly C. Hanna
El Camino Country
www.hannawoodworks.com