4 Speed will be on the floor.   If the only difference is the tranny, and
the price is reasonable I'd grab it.   When you start looking for a
specific  35 year old car, produced in limited numbers, you make your
search much more difficult.    A tranny conversion is not too difficult
and much easier than significant body work.

  Don't know if its been mentioned, but the first thing to look for in a
project is a solid body (or as solid as you can find/afford).   Body work
is much more expensive, time consuming,, and frustrating than the
mechanical stuff.     Chevy motors/trannys are cheap in the grand scheme
of things.    Also parts peculiar to the 64 will be difficult to find.
A guy here in town, has been looking for the  chrome piece that goes
around the top well of his 64 convert.  Last I heard he hasn't had any
success in over a year of looking.    If you get a project, you want as
many original pieces as you can find.

Last thing this AM.  I assume, but don't know that you found this list
thru Team Chevelle www.chevelles.com  .   Checkout EVERY page linked off
that front page.  There are so many resources available on line.    Get
smart on the 64 so you end up with the car that you want.   Again good
luck.
rick