In a message dated 3/17/02 2:43:45 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>> there is a '64 ss convertible for sale in fairfield/vacaville, california
>

>>     Believe it or not, it's probably easier to find a convertible or
>a 4
>> speed, than it is to find a 64 Malibu SS Hardtop with the Automatic on
>the
>> floor. But hey, my dream is having one like the one I had...and after
>30
>> years of looking, I ain't settling for a convertible now. But I bet that
>
>> don't make a bit of sense to anyone but those of us left looking for
>that
>> 1st car we had.
>>
>> Tom

I know what you mean.  I have been looking for a 71 SS convertible for over a
year, or is it 15 years.  Anyway, I went to the Super Chevy show in Pomona
yesterday and there was a Chevelle SS 454 hardtop that was pretty sweet.  I
was tempted, but it wouldn't be my old car.

By the way, I took a bunch of pics, but nowhere to post them. LMK if there is
somewhere to post if there is any interest in seeing them.
Mark