ok, i thought the comment/attitude sucked about my question about a manual
convertable top, i have never had one apart and did not know how it worked, i
thought it had a hyd cyl similar to a hood "strong arm" or a hach on a newer
van. i did not know there was a spring. we are suppose to help each other and
not make our questons seem dumb-      (something was said aout it being like
the power window crank or something).  i have worked and been around cars
since i was 10 yrs old (i/m 40 now) my dad had a body shop and 2-diffrent car
dealers, i have worked at a car dealer since 1982, and i/m still learning,
like i said the comment SUCKED!!!!!!!