In a message dated 3/3/2004 10:27:51 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Hi I had a question on a 1968 Chevelle convertible top.
i had a new top put on the car, and put in all new weather-strips, but it seems impossible to get the back of the rear quarter windows to seal and ride inside the "channel" in the rubber. we moved the quarter windows as far back as the adjustment would allow and also even elongated the holes a bit to allow for more movement. we can't really move them back any more because we are running out of room on the front windows where they seal against the quarter window rubbers- we also moved the front windows back as far as the adjustment would allow. is it possible i need to shim the rubber pieces which mount onto the top mechanism??
the old top was pretty far gone so i never really noticed the sealing in this area.
any help would be appreciated. i had a friend over who use to do PDI on new cars and usually can get things pretty nicely lined up, but he is at his wits end as well- we spent many hours on it.
thanks
Harlan