Hi,

        Here's a question I'm hoping someone can shed some light on.

        My 69 SS 396 doesn't have the upper 1" chrome molding inserts between the headlight bezels and there is no evidence that it ever had them (no holes or marks, etc.).  Over the past 5 years, I've looked at a lot of other 69's and some have them while others don't.  I've asked around, but nobody has ever been able to tell me why some 69's have them & others don't.

        I've never seen them for sale anywhere including in any of the catalogs, but I noticed a couple of months ago that Ausley's has started selling them so I had them bring me a set to Carlisle this past weekend.

        Before I put them on & have someone tell me that a 1969 SS 396 built the 1st week of Sept.1968  in Baltimore shouldn't have them, I thought I'd pose the question here on the list to see if anyone knows what the deal is on them.  Can anyone help me?

        Thanks in advance!

        Jim -69-SS396- H.