Hi Guys,

Just came back from a pleasure trip to Norway, It was great with loads
of nice weather.
We have 80 degrees here in Italy today, and guess what that mean ??
BBQ and cold beer after work !!!

I could need some info on 12" disc brakes and tall spindles.
How much better is this setup than the standard parts
which are the cars I could take them from ?
What parts to take, rotors and spindles or would I need control arms as
well ??
would I need to redrill the rotors to 4,75"
will my 1968 4 piston calipers fit on the spindle or would I need to
make a bracket ?
I heard that this will lower the car 1", but will front track be wider
or narrower ???
Thanks !

André

> Thanks Rick!
>
> Yea, I'm not worried about the number hours, and to some extent not th
e price either.  After all these years, what's a few more hours and a fe
w more dollars.......     :-
)   However, I'm really ready for this project to be done so I can enjoy
 driving it for a change.

> I'll definately check out Fred's site.
> take care,
>
> rick schaefer wrote:
>
> > mike
> >    A tall spindle disc brake swap will drop your front end just over
 an inch.   Its a lot of work, but from the shape of your chevelle-
 I can tell work never bothered you.

> >    Or, find Fred Aldrichs web site -
 he is a retired GM suspension engineer.  Email him the details of what
you have and what you want.  He'll come back with an off the shelf sprin
g recommendation.  I wanted to drop the rear of my elky to match the 1"
drop in front, and his recommendation was right on.  He also has a 69 el
 camino.  FYI -
 freds site is listed at   http://links.chevelles.net/links  in the Work
Shop area and then under the suspension link.

2" ?  Properly?   I cut a