Michael,

I'll buy the parts and some 20" billet wheels that fits just right so
if its 7/16" and the wheels doesnt fit my lawyeer will contact you !!!

Of course I'm just kidding and I just wanted to thank everybody for all
the info.

:) André

> If you go with the swap to tall spindles it does widen your front stan
ce.  I
> belive it does so by like 3/8" on both sides but dont hold me to that
number
> that is just off the top of my head.
> Michael
>
> >From: "Brad Waller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] front suspension
> >Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:14:25 -0700
> >
> > > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] front suspension
> > >
> > > I could need some info on 12" disc brakes and tall spindles.
> > > How much better is this setup than the standard parts
> > > which are the cars I could take them from ?
> >
> >The 12" tall spindle setup will not necessarily stop you any better t
han
> >the four piston disc brake setup.  Are you having troubles with the 4
> >piston calipers (sucking air, leaking calipers, too expensive to
> >maintain), or do you want improved handling?  If not, then stick with
> >your stock four piston setup.  This setup is "rare" and better to lea
ve
> >with a car if you are interested in collector value.  But if this doe
> >not concern you, I bet you could sell the setup and pay for the swap.
> >
> > > What parts to take, rotors and spindles or would I need
> > > control arms as well ??
> >
> >You can find lots of info here:
> >http://www.globalwest.net/1964-72%
20disc_brake_conversion_informatio.htm
> >https://www.hotchkis.net/frames/instructions.htm
> >http://www.hotrod.com/ (Car Tech -> Tech Articles -> Suspension
> >Upgrades)
> >
> >You do not "need" the upper control arms, but you can't get a decent
> >alignment without them.  If you like going through tires, no problem.
> >swapped to the replacement upper A-Arms after going through the first
> >set of $250/ea tires in the front from uneven wear.
> >
> > > would I need to redrill the rotors to 4,75"
> > > will my 1968 4 piston calipers fit on the spindle or would I need
> > > make a bracket ?
> >
> >I think the two cannot be used together.  If you go to the taller
> >spindles, you will be using the floating single piston caliper, and n
ot
> >your four piston setup.  Either way, you should not need to redrill
> >anything, as the rotors all use the same bolt spacing.
> >
> > > I heard that this will lower the car 1", but will front track
> > > be wider or narrower ???
> >
> >I'm not sure if there is a difference in width.  I would expect it wo
uld
> >be very close to the same, but it could be off by a little.
> >
> >Brad Waller     ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> >'66 Convertible | 327/dead | 4-
speed   | Wilwood Brakes | 245/45/16 BFGs