Hi,

        I have another carburetor question as I'm still trying to decide what to
go with as a replacement Qjet.  Seeing that Year One sells a "New GM"
Rochester replacement carburetor that they advertise as fitting 1968 327
& 1968-1969 350 & 396 325/350HP, I called them to ask about whether it
was made back in the 68/69 or whether it was made recently.  The tech
told me that it is a carburetor that GM currently makes to fit a replace
a variety of Qjets.

        Since Year One's price is $459 + shipping, I was curious whether it
woudl be possible to get it directly from GM at a lower price (I can
always ask, right?).  When I called my local Chevy parts department (a
fairly large dealer that has been able to get me parts for my Chevelle
before), they had no idea what current carburetor product I was talking
about.  Running Year One's part number throught he Goodwrench computer
obviously didn't turn up anything & neither did putting through my
original Qjet model number.

        SO, my question is: does anyone know of some other GM outlet where I
could about the possibility & price of getting this carburetor directly?
(I'd like to compare the lowest cost I could get this carb against the
lowest Edelbrock Performer 1901 price I've gotten so far, which is $390
from Jeg's).

        Thanks as always,

        Jim -69-SS396- H.