Donnie,

I had a later model GM rear in my 67 Chevelle and it bolted in with no
problems.  I ran 235/60R15 BFG's on ARE Outlaw I 15x8 rims with 3.75"
backspacing.  That was about as big a tire as I could go in a 60 series with
that particular wheel.  As others have stated, you'll need more backspacing
to fit a medium to large tire under it.  Since putting a 67 rear end back in
the Chevelle and installing new wheels and tires, I have those same ARE
Outlaw I wheels and tires under my 67 Elky with a 67 rear end and have
plenty of room to spare.

Dale McIntosh
ACES #1709/TC #92 Gold
67 SS/67 Elky
http://www.dalesplace.com
http://www.team67.com
http://www.midwestchevelles.com


> ---------- [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Question for you guys.....
>
> Will a 12 bolt rear from a 71 monte carlo fit in a 1967 Chevelle.
>  The 1971
> rear is an inch larger drum-to-drum, but the mounting brackets
> measure the
> same.   Do you have any information or input on this swap.
> Anything I should
> look out for?
>
> Thanks
>
> Donnie
>
>


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to