To add - I've also heard what Kurt is referring to.  I've also heard that 67
was a transition year and could have either width of rear end but I haven't
seen one yet with the wider rear.  May be more of a late-year change due to
anticipation of the 68 model(?)

Dale


> Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] 67 chevelle/71 monte carlo rear swap
>
>
> > Aren't the springs different for the 67 ?
> >                                       Larry (z)
>
> Hi Larry,
>                 67 was the change over year when the spring
> perches on the
> rear changed from the earlier bolt down design (flat with hole,
> open wound
> spring coil) to the later design that the spring just sits on (raised and
> kinda looks like a hat and has a smaller wound spring coil).  I
> have heard
> guys say that they had both kinds of rears in 67 cars.  So if he does not
> have the bolt down spring perches with his original rear, he
> should be good
> to go with the 71 Monte 12 bolt and his current spring setup.
>
> ---------------------
> Kurt Ehrhardt
> ACES #1280
> 66 Malibu
> 66 SuperSport
> Enfield, CT
>
> -----------------------------------------------------
> To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
> To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to