Well I guess it all depends on how you define the term, but in my opinion when you have control of 80 or 85% of an industry, that is a monopoly, but then Windows has basically completely changed computers since the mid 80's.

Also I don't think GM looses anything by someone not restoring their car. They really don't get much, although depending on how theu price their resto stuff, this could change.  That and I do feel there is a notch in the market for people who want to restore and drive daily a classic car at an affordable price. Not everyone wants a concours(sp?) restoration. It just isn't worth huge gobs of cash for NOS or original stuff if you want to drive the tires off it at the track, cruise it alot, and/or is just a stripped, low option, 307 car.

Mikey

Then call me crazy because Microsoft is NOT a monopoly.  I say this to you from my Linux computer.  Nothing makes me buy a Microsoft product and nothing ever will.

You people seem to forget that the consumer is the botom line.  If a company does something out of line, don't buy from them.  Seek an alternative or make one.  No one owes you a cheap way to restore a car YOU chose to have.  If it becomes too expensive, then don't do it.  Then GM looses.

Tim.