SOME truck engines have a .400 taller deck height.  I have not seen any tall
deck motors in light duty trucks.  The 402 in my car is a std deck 71-71 truck
motor.  Works just fine just not the original for the car.  My 454 motor came
out of a late 80's dually pickup.
Walt

>===== Original Message From [EMAIL PROTECTED] =====
>Ok guys..the 69 396 I thought I was buying turned out to be a 71 402
>Truck engine from the numbers I deciphered below:
>
>3999290
>CM9T
>Conv1
>F1871
>
>Does anyone disagree? What does the Conv1 mean?
>
>And the biggest question of all......what the heck is the difference
>between a truck engine and a car engine and why would GM feel a need
>show that it's a Truck engine as part of the identification on the
>block?
>
>Is this a good engine to rebuild and use? Any bad points you can think
>of?
>
>Thanks!
>                       Steve

>To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Walter Bainey
Network Engineer
Network Services
Kent State University