I for one would be afraid to drive a perfect LS6 car or any high $$$car on the
street.  I need to drive a car to enjoy it.  That is why I am stepping my
Chevelle back down from track only.  I feel a good start for your car would be
a 350 with an auto or 4spd.  3.55 gears.  Pick up a solid car and everything
else can be worked on and massaged the way you like it.  You will learn quite
a bit doing the work yourself..You will gain much personal pride when you
complete different steps of your project.
Walt
http://www.personal.kent.edu/~wbainey/CHEVELLE.htm

  >===== Original Message From [EMAIL PROTECTED] =====
>I understand that LS - 6's are around $40,000, and i was wondering, what if i
dont have that much money, could i just go out and buy a perfectly restored
malibu - maybe around $8,500?, and then clone that to a LS - 6?  with a LS-6
crate motor, and 4.10 gears w/ 4 speed?  how much money
>would i have to put into it, to make it exactly like what a LS-6 was?  i
figure, you pretty much have to replace EVERYTHING, right?  i dont know how
you guys take it with a perfectly all original car, cause if i had one, i
would be scared to drive it out there.  i would rather have one
>for "play"; clone it, so its not SO valuble.  whatcha think?
>                                                                        Chad

Walter Bainey
Network Engineer
Network Services