I like both the new and the old cars. Some of the new cars are wild. The new
2003 Viper will have 500 hp. The new Ford GT40 will have 500hp. The 2002
Corvette Z06 has an LS6 (based on the LS1) 405hp. I was looking at a cut away
LS1 display motor in the GM tent at Carlisle. The LS1 is an impressive design
and the bottom end looks really strong. The LS1 has some nice features such
as; aluminum block with iron liners, 6 bolt main caps in a crossbolt design,
aluminum heads with a nice looking rocker design, cast alu. oil pan used as a
stressed member, no distributor - has direct fire ignition with a separate
coil for each cylinder, intake manifold is composite design.  This LS1 motor
is used in the very successful C5-R Corvette racing program where it is 427
cu in and makes about 700 hp. There are street driven Z06 Corvettes that run
11s with a few modifications.