Forgot to answer your question on what do I do. I'm a group mgr in manufacturing on the 4L-80 trans. I have worked for GM for 29 years and 10 years at Ford. I have worked on every automatic trans GM made except the 325 and 2 speed.
Rich
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2002 8:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] parts source 65 elky

No, I work for the General.The law is there to protect the consumer. If they didn't make service parts, how would you get your car fixed? If I remember, the law has been on the books since the '30's. I'm sure the law has changed since, but it's still there in some form to make sure that when Larry Z needs a part to repair his $25,000 Ziggymobile, he'll be able to get it. After 10 years they figure you need a new car anyway I guess. The length of time may have changed, but I don't think so. Many after market shops, OPG, YEAR ONE, etc sell Genuine GM, NOS. This is what's left in the dealer inventory or warehouse. GM didn't decide to be nice and retool and make a run of these parts. These are parts they didn't sell. But, like I said, I may be wrong on the time frame. That may have changed.
Rich