>Forgot to answer your question on what do I do. I'm  a group mgr in manufacturing on the 4L-80 trans. I have worked
>for GM for 29  years and 10 years at Ford. I have worked on every automatic trans GM made  except the 325 and 2 speed.

Question for ya...I have a TH-400 in my 73 C-20 that will downshift into 1st from 2nd, but not to 2nd from 3rd...got any idea why? It also shifts very quickly from 1st to second except of course under full throttle. Other than that it shifts crisply and seems to be in really good shape for it's ten year age since the only rebuild it ever had.

Kelly & Jana Hanna
www.hannawoodworks.com