Sent: Monday, September 02, 2002 10:16 AM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Floor & trunk braces

Gents,
            Have any of you replaced floor and/or trunk braces? I am about to put in new pans in the floor and I wonder how I cut the old floor out without hitting the braces. Are the braces welded in? I don't have the body off the frame yet, but am very close to doing so. I am not yet sure if I need to replace those braces, but it's a possibility. Still, would be cheaper to recondition these if they are in good shape.

Am I right in guessing that the nut plates for the seat belts and seats are mounted in those braces?

I have a mig welder and plan on doing some welding as part of this project, so that won't stop me if needed.

                                                                         Steve