I would stay away from a flex fan ever again.  I originally had one on my 70
when I first got it on the road and it never went under 220 when driving and
would shoot up to 230-240 at an idle.  I put a clutch fan on and an aluminum
water pump, now it runs on the highway at 205 with a 195 stat in it cruising
about 75 mph cranking out 3600 RPM's.  I am going to put a 185 stat in it and
see how it runs when I take it down to Maryland tonight.  Flex fans also suck
when they decide to break apart, not a nice thing to see.

Tom