-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Dave Corgill
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 7:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] welders?

At 10:41 PM 09/03/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Wow....  there sure are allot of choices out there. Allot of different
>prices as well. Can anyone explain the advantages of going with a 220 unit
>as opposed to 110. I see allot of very low priced units as well in the $150
>to $300 hundred range. Are these even worth a look?
>
>Thanks,
>JD
  Don't go with the cheaper ones, I bought a 110V 90 amp HF one new
for $190 and I bought it to see if I would really have a use for
a Mig welder (I already had stick & gas). All it did was show me
how handy a mig would be, it was a PIA to weld anywhere good with
it (I still have it packed away). So I bought the Miller XP135
110V & it works so good I handed it to my Wife & told her to weld
this & She put down a perfect bead with flux core wire (The XP
has a built it gas solenoid but never have needed to try it.