FYI

I have a friend who has a 409 crankshaft for sale.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 1:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] 409 engine

Boy in the late 60's I was trying to buy a 64 SS with a 409...but a friend
beat me to it. The 1st thing everybody did back then was to junk them old
409
and put in a 427. Now people are finding out that these old boat anchors
wern't that bad, and restores are always looking for them.

I'd say the car sounds like a good deal ( although I'm not sure of the
price).

On a side note, about 10 years ago, I went on  a 40' boat fishing in long
island sound, and the boat had twin 409's ...pretty cool!!!

Bill C
Ct
70 LS6