Went with a Chevelle friend to a local radiator shop this morning. He
was having his new aluminum radiator modified to fit in his 65 Chevelle.
While there, the guy informed me that he could get me a brand new 4 row
for my 69 for a price that made my jaw drop. It was $50 cheaper than I
have ever seen anywhere else. He is a local mom and pop shop and doesn't
even have a web site. I don't know if he ships or not but if anyone is
interested I can get you a phone number.

While on the way home, we passed a huge old warehouse type auto parts
store that looked pretty interesting. I asked my buddy if he would mind
going in. We stopped and checked them out, had a pretty good selection
of parts, some of which was harder to find in local auto parts stores.
Things like coil suspension springs, flywheels, suspension parts, and
much much more. Keep in mind this is Dayton, home of a lot of Delco
products. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it or not, but
the prices sure worked for me.

I started asking about prices...and when the first price came back on a
caliper for my 69 my jaw dropped to the floor. I had NEVER heard of any
that low priced. Plus they had them in stock. The only problem was 2 of
the 3 had rubber around the piston damaged. I bought the one good one
and told them I'd be back next week for the other when they got more in.

When I asked about rotors, they had the stock GM factory type rotors for
69 Chevelle in stock and I bought them for $35 each and they looked
really good. I believe they are Raybestos brand name. They also had the
bearings, but couldn't come up with the proper size grease seal. Also
bought the brake pads from them. The rubber lines are on order, but the
price was also way cheaper than any I had ever heard.

Now as you might expect, this place was hopping with business! The
phones were ringing off the hook and the counter guys were all busy as
heck. I heard phones ring like a hundred times before someone could pick
up the phone to answer, and only a few seconds of my time there was
there a phone not ringing. I suspect if you call you may have to let it
ring and ring for a long time. They do have a web site and I did ask the
guy if they shipped, and he confirmed they often shipped items.

The web site for this parts place is
http://www.undercarspecialty.com/index.html   But they are limited on
showing what they carry and no prices are listed on their web site. You
will have to call or write them an e-mail.

Tell them the local Chevelle Club guys referred you so we can maybe get
a club sponsorship from them if you call.